November 29, 2011

Edd's Praline

Since our trip to Belgium last month I can't get enough chocolate - oh wait, I have never been able to get enough chocolate but.... this has spurred me into making my own. A Couture Chocolate book for my birthday, chocolate moulds on the ready and ideas in my head.....


And along comes Edd - (winner of first Great British Bakeoff series) and he is making my ideal chocolates. Salted Caramel and Praline.


So to start off here is his Praline recipe (which he made home made nuttella from - just add praline to melted chocolate mmmm)


From Edd's Facebook page today
To make the paste you need to make a batch of praline which is traditionally equal parts caster sugar and nuts (in this case hazelnuts) you put the sugar in a pan on medium heat and cook without stirring until it has melted and is a nice dark caramel colour. Add the nuts and stir to combine then immediately tip onto a silicon lined baking tray and allow to cool. Break up into chunks then process in a food processor until smooth. You can then mix it into melted chocolate and 
you have a much better quality nutella, yum!


My turn next - keep posted! Now on a different note... to figure out why my lemon curd didn't work and then to make some snowflakes!  

No comments:

Post a Comment