Oooohhhh Happy Holidays! I can not believe Christmas has snuck up so very fast this year - probably thanks to the wonderfully unseasonable weather we have been having in London - up until this week that is!
So I thought since people are looking at the blog, that I will add some festive pix and my favourite blog links to help decorate different Christmasy treats!
Have a very Merry Christmas!!
|Christmas Snowmen I made last year - See the Pink Whisk for Ruth's instructions on how to make! |
(and for so very many more wonderful Xmas delights!
(She does a cracking 12 days of Xmas these last two years!)
|Christmas Victoria Sponge|
|Cookie Christmas Tree - scrummy|
|Red Berry Christmas Yule Log|
|This is Eric Lanlard's Chocolate Chestnut Yule Log -|
We watched him make this very one at the Taste of Christmas
last week (so his cake not mine) but will make.... yes I will!
Funky Sites and Ideas for decorating Cakes & Cupcakes which I hope to try soon soon (yes this year still - who's coming to eat!?!
- PrettyWittyCakes.co.uk - amazing bauble cupcakes..
- thePinkWhisk.co.uk 12 days of Xmas - Christmas Cakes, Santa Cookies, Crackers, Fudge, MincePies, Reindeer Cake pops & More
- Chocolate Chestnut Yule Log - Eric Lanlard's recipe
- Jo's Blue Aga - Christmas Macaroons
- Mum's Shortbread, Almond Rocca & Caramel Popcorn (if I have time)
- P A N E T T O N E
Oh and some lovely Christmas Meal ideas:
- Love this Cranberry Chutney - (I used Cranberry Sauce instead of fresh and it was wonderful!)
- If you make a roast, or not... Delia's Yorkshire Puds (I use Veg Oil instead of dripping)
- Maple Turkey - ooooooo ya - never say you don't like turkey if you do it this way!
- Lovely Stuffing (I didn't have the giblets and it still was yum)
- Brussel Sprouts, Chestnuts and Bacon side dish - heavenly greens